Friday, August 04, 2006

Hang in There, Kiddies

Readers waiting for tales from my unexpected Vegas trip, encompassing the WSOP and my trip into the MansionPoker Poker Dome will have a few days longer to wait. I'm still in Vegas --- and have been, for close to two weeks now, having signed up to provide content for additional outlets.

I have a hundred tales, ready for the sharing, each of them wonderful or miserable in a very special way. A few of the best will appear over at the Kick Ass Poker blog, as always --- http://kickasspoker.blogspot.com --- but I quite literally had to rush out and by an inexpensive laptop on the fly in order to do what I now need to get down. I don't have an HTML editor installed on this machine, and so updates here and to the original Haley's Poker Blaug-gh! will have to wait until my return.

In the meantime, you can find a number of new pieces of mine over at Pokernews.com, where I've tossed in perhaps a dozen columns over the last four or five days. And I may have a long piece appearing very soon over at Mickey Wilson's Poker Magazine, or on her related site, pokertv.com. I'm pretty sure you can guess what that's one about, and while I can't guarantee that it'll be published, I'll offer you this much: it's one of the most heartfelt pieces I've ever written.

I also owe a deep debt of gratitude to Mickey and to poker author Gary Carson, who took time out of their own busy schedules to help me bail myself out of a fix. A few days back, when opportunities arose and my plans changed, Mickey and Gary sacrificed a couple of hours out of their own busy schedules to shuttle me to a Best Buy a couple of miles east of the Strip. I needed Internet access NOW and I needed a machine, and I approached the Nevada land-speed record for hauling an inexpensive Compaq Presario notebook out that Best Buy's door.

There's much more coming, peepuls, so much, much more. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

No comments: